FUN:) Healthy Chinese Cuisine Ambassadors project offers a vacancy for to those interested in learning about Chinese food, cultural heritage, developing their culinary skills and in pursuing a career in educational sector (flexible and part-time working considered, full-time £18,000 per annum or £18,000 pro rata). The duration of the contract is 1 year starting January 2019 (renewable subjects to performance).
This position offers valuable and rewarding working experience in a small dedicated team where the new project officer will be able to acquire transferable skills required for any office or educational role. The Project Officer will be working with Project Manager, Project Directors and other stakeholders to carry out Student Workshops at schools across the country and CPD Teacher Training Workshops on healthy Chinese cooking, apply/develop creative skills to develop educational materials and learn about project management in general. Watch the FUN:) for All video and join us on this incredibly rewarding journey helping to improve the diets and cooking skills of the British youth.
Applicants should clarify their availability when applying for the post. The applicant should have legal working status in the UK.
* Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and the Institute reserves the right to close the vacancy early if the position is filled before the deadline.
Skills and qualifications required:
The successful candidate should:
- have strong interest in nutrition, healthy diets and cooking;
- have a good understanding of Chinese culture and cooking, with ability to conduct relevant research;
- have ambition to learn new skills and gradually take on more responsibilities;
- have the ability to work with various stakeholders, including more vulnerable groups (i.e. mainstream education and SEN school pupils)
- be proficient in both oral and written English;
- be committed to the project time-scale and able to work and travel flexibly;
- have the ability to collect and maintain accurate records, analyse data, interpret and present information quantitatively and qualitatively;
- be able to work independently and as well as a team member, and be able to prioritise and manage workload within the project schedule;
- have good communication and presentation skills, excellent interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with members of other project teams and all related parties;
- be attentive to detail and well organised;
- be an experienced user of standard MS Office (or alternative) applications ( Powerpoint, Word, and Excel);
- be willing to work from different locations including remotely.
- have knowledge of the Chinese food industry;
- have experience with graphic design and skills for video-editing and video- production;
- have a second language skills (preferably Mandarin and/or Cantonese);
- be able to write and read both traditional and simplified Chinese characters, and be able to input those characters using computer;
Duties and responsibilities:
- presenting the project to school students (mainly KS 3-4), including cooking workshops;
- produce promotional and educational video materials, develop lesson plans and other educational materials;
- assist project coordinator in organising various school visits and training events;
- provide administrative support to project manager, assist with other ad hoc tasks;
- recruiting project participants from schools and chefs within the British Chinese community;
- attend meetings and activities;
- archiving and documentation, maintaining project website;
- assist in conducting activities for the project
See the FUN:) project website more information: www.FunChineseCooking.com; find us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube: FUNHCCA.