FUN :) Healthy Chinese Cuisine Ambassadors project offers a vacancy for to those interested in learning about Chinese food, cultural heritage, developing their culinary skills and in pursuing a career in educational sector (for 1 successful full-time candidate paid £18,000 per annum or two part-time candidates paid £18,000 pro rata). The duration of the contract is 1 year starting March 2018 (renewable subjects to performance).
This position offers valuable and rewarding working experience in a small dedicated team where the new intern will be able to develop and improve transferable skills required for any office or educational role. The Project Officer will be working with Project Coordinator and Project Directors to carry out Student and CPD Teacher Training Workshops on healthy Chinese cooking, apply/develop creative skills to develop educational materials and learn about project management in general.
Skills and qualifications required:
The successful candidate should:
- have skills for video editing and video production;
- have a good understanding of Chinese culture and cooking, being able to conduct research;
- be interested in healthy diets and cooking;
- be proficient in both oral and written English;
- be committed to the project time-scale and can work and travel flexibly;
- have the ability to collect and maintain accurate records, analyse data, interpret and present information quantitatively and qualitatively;
- be well organised, able to work independently and as well as a team member, and be able to prioritise and manage workload within the project schedule;
- have excellent interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with members of other project teams and all related parties;
- have good communication and presentation skills;
- be attentive to detail;
- be an experienced user of standard MS Office (or alternative) applications ( Powerpoint, Word, and Excel);
- be willing to work from different locations including remotely.
B. Desirable but not essential:
- have knowledge of the Chinese restaurant/catering business;
- have a second language skills (preferably Mandarin and/or Cantonese);
- have experience with graphic design;
- be able to write and read both traditional and simplified Chinese characters, and be able to input those characters using computer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- presenting the project to school students (mainly KS 3-4), including cooking demonstrations;
- produce promotional and educational video materials; develop lesson plans and other educational materials;
- assist project coordinator in organising various school visits and training events;
- recruiting project participants from schools and chefs within the British Chinese community;
- attend meetings and activities;
- archiving and documentation, maintaining project website;
- assist in conducting activities for the project.
See the FUN:) project website more information: www.FunChineseCooking.com; find us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube: FUNHCCA.